Abstract: An abstract is a short, tightly structured paragraph that explains your research. In about a sentence each, you should address the following questions:
- Topic: What is your main historical question? Why is this research interesting and worthwhile?
- Gap: What part of your topic do you think is understudied or overlooked in existing scholarship?
- Argument: What is your interpretation, and how does your History with Documents Project work to fill that gap?
- Primary Sources & Approach: How did you select the primary sources for your collection? What methodology did you use in your historical analysis?
- Conclusion: What is the larger historical significance of your research?